Syrian Father Convinces Young Daughters to Undergo Suicide Missions

Local Editor
Disturbing footage of a Jabhat Fatah al-Sham [JFS] fighter in Syria convincing his two young daughters to take part in suicide missions emerged online after being posted by militant media sources.
It is thought that one of the girls may have been behind the suicide bomb which hit a police station in Damascus last week, although the link cannot be verified.
In two videos, Abu Nimr, a well-known JFS terrorist - the newly adopted name of al-Nusra, or al-Qaeda in Syria - filmed his wife saying goodbye to eight-year-old Fatimah and seven-year-old Islam.
"Why are you sending your daughters?" he asks from behind the camera. "One is seven and the other is eight, they're young for ‘jihad'."
"No one is too young for ‘jihad', because ‘jihad' is a duty for every Muslim," the woman replied, as the daughters hug and kiss their mother.
In the second, the two girls themselves said they will take part in suicide operations in Damascus.
"Why don't you leave this to the men? The men who escaped on the green buses?" The child, confused, said yes, before her father asked more questions.
The sickening footage was shared widely online on Wednesday. It is not known where the videos of the family were filmed, but the mention of ‘green buses' suggests Aleppo, where the regime buses have been transporting both militants and civilians to neighboring Idlib province this week after the national army liberated the city.
In October, the UN estimated there to be around 900 JFS fighters among the 8,000 ‘rebels' which had held onto the eastern part of the city for the last four years.
Source: News Agencies, Edited by website team